25kV, 600A Shielded Cable & Equipment Couplers
These cable couplers are rugged and specially designed for use in mines and tunneling.
High voltage couplers can be manufactured to be compatible with most other competitor couples of this type of North American design.
These couplers can be used in wet and dusty environments as they are designed to be IP58 compliant.
- Three Bolt(Standard Design)
Typical Applications Include:
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight cast Aluminum components that provide strength and coupler durability.
- MCS manufactured special strain relief entrance fitting:
Special self-centering entrance fitting ensures balanced cable strain relief and water sealing
- Individually machined phase insulators made of high dielectric polymer:
Made of break resistant material and individually removable.
- Individual Phase contacts and insulators can be shielded to ground
- Machined high strength stainless steel and bronze corrosion resistant hardware
- Unique set screw or compress style cable connector system eliminates conductor pull-out under normal operating conditions.
- Silver plated contacts (optional)
- Inter-phase ground shielding: Ensures that all faults would be phase to ground, not phase to phase.
- Powder or Epoxy coated body components
- Multiple Interconnection options
- Longer main body to accommodate larger cable and conductors.
- Adapter plates for a variety of cable strain relief options.
Voltage: 25000 Volts AC
Current: 600 Amps
- For Switchgear Mounted Couplers - MCS couplers meets requirements of CSA C22.2 No. 31-04
- Manufactured to meet IP67H design standards.
25kV 800A Coupler Data Sheet 2017.pdf
How to Order Couplers